THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
IN ELECTING ME AS TREASURER OF ALA.
I have worked in public libraries for more than half of my life, providing services and outreach to all: children, young adults, people with disabilities and especially to the traditionally underserved. I have consistently advocated for the importance of libraries as the informational and cultural center of any community, and have successfully brought together people of diverse backgrounds and interests to improve library and information services.
Once elected ALA Treasurer, I pledge to:
- Keep ALA responsive to the needs and concerns of all its members
- Assure transparent and open financial awareness by communicating with all our members and promptly responding to questions, suggestions and or concerns
- Balance the needs of our Programmatic Priorities approved by the ALA Council with our finances.
- Keep ALA focused on the goals of our Strategic Plan
- Strengthen the finances of the Association by recognizing our traditional sources of income while continuing to seek new business initiatives.
I invite you to find out more about my credentials and
professional life by exploring this website.
My presentation beings at 12:47 in this video.